McCallum Testing Laboratories is actively seeking a Driller and Driller’s Helper for employment. Our drillers operate or assist in operating our drilling rigs that are used to collect soil and water samples and to install monitoring wells. Duties include lifting heavy augers and bags of material up to eighty pounds, operating a drilling rig, counting hammer blows, collecting soil samples and correctly labeling sample containers, and avoiding accidents.
Drillers function as part of a two or three-person team, requiring good communication skills and cooperation. Drillers are required to follow all safety protocols while on job sites including wearing proper protective clothing, avoiding overhead and underground utilities, and keeping the general public safely away. McCallum will provide training. Work is primarily outdoors year around. Drillers generally work from 7 am to 3:30 pm with some jobs that may include nights and weekends, as well as some overtime hours.
- High School diploma preferred
- Age 18 or older
- Current driver license with good driving record required
- Construction experience a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to regularly lift heavy materials and equipment, squat, bend, and stand for hours at a time
- Safety equipment provided
- Health and Dental Insurance for employee and dependents
- Life, Accident and Supplemental Insurance for employee and dependents
- 401K and financial advisor assistance
- Pretax benefit plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
Please fill out the contact form below, upload your resume, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to speaking with you!