McCallum Testing Laboratories is actively seeking a Concrete Technician for employment. Our concrete technician is a full-time technician that works in the laboratory performing tests on various materials, mainly concrete, and preparations for those tests in accordance with standards and job specifications. Duties include testing construction materials such as concrete, soil, and asphalt in the laboratory and preparation of daily reports. Technicians work independently but also function as part of a team, requiring good communication skills.
Technicians follow all safety protocols while at work including wearing proper protective clothing. McCallum will provide training. Work is primarily indoors year-round with some possible time outdoors. Technicians work Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, as well as some overtime hours.
- High School diploma preferred
- Age 18 or older
- Current driver license with good driving record required
- Construction experience a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with onsite contractors
- Ability to regularly lift heavy materials and equipment, squat, bend, and stand for hours at a time
- Basic computer skills and mathematical skills a plus
- Safety equipment provided
- Health and Dental Insurance for employee and dependents
- Life, Accident and Supplemental Insurance for employee and dependents
- 401K and financial advisor assistance
- Pretax benefit plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
Please fill out the contact form below, upload your resume, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to speaking with you!