McCallum Testing Laboratories is actively seeking Field Technicians for employment. Our field technicians are full-time inspectors that perform field inspections of construction improvements for compliance with plans, standards, specifications, city codes, and ordinances.
Duties include testing construction materials such as concrete, soil, and asphalt for quality at various construction sites and preparation of daily reports. Technicians work independently but also function as part of a team, requiring good communication skills. Technicians follow all safety protocols while on construction sites by wearing proper protective clothing. McCallum will provide training.
Work is primarily outdoors year-round with some indoor time to prepare reports. Technicians work flexible shifts that may include nights and weekends, as well as some overtime hours.
- High School diploma preferred
- Age 18 or older
- Current driver license with good driving record required
- Construction experience a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with on-site contractors
- Ability to regularly lift heavy materials and equipment, squat, bend, and stand for hours at a time
- Basic computer skills and mathematical skills a plus
- Company vehicle and gas card for work purposes
- Cell phone and safety equipment provided
- Health and Dental Insurance for employee and dependents
- Life, Accident and Supplemental Insurance for employee and dependents
- 401K and financial advisor assistance
- Pretax benefit plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
Please fill out the contact form below, upload your resume, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to speaking with you!